By Alena Chun at Icon Tattoo. Portland, Oregon. @alenachun
Post reblogged from with 131 notes
August 19, 2014
by Ryan Barnes
If it comes as a shock that punk rock has a gender problem, you’re either not paying attention or you’re new here.
Post with 2 notes
I was talking about how I could tie it one handed while driving. And then I thought about tying a bowline one handed. Why and when did I learn that you ask? In Boy Scouts is the answer when I was like 13 or 14. And what’s the point of being able to tie a bowline one handed? Well it’s a rescue knot. The kind you’d tie to throw to someone down in a hole or cave or cliff to hoist then back up. And the one handed part is in case you’ve broken one of your arms or are otherwise incapacitated. Can I resist the life metaphor? Nah, you know me haha. Just as important as know how to help other people is not forgetting to learn the tools to take care of and help yourself. Not quite a put on your own oxygen mask tale here but definitely that direction. Take the time to take care of yourself especially when you’re supporting others. If you don’t have the tools, seek them out, learn the skills. Need help? Ask for it! Need support? Ask for it!
Post with 1 note
That riff in the lucero cover of kiss the bottle god damnnnnn
Lucero - Kiss The Bottle
Another cover that’s better than the original.
I saw this in patch form on some website and I regret not buying it
1. Who makes you happy, and brightens up your day?
2. Who brings out the best in you?
3. Who do you feel most accepted by?
4. Who would you trust your deepest secrets to?
5. Who challenges you to be all that you can be?
6. Who is truly happy when things go well for you?
7. Who is jealous or envious of you?
8. Who puts you down, or would love to see you fail?
9. Who takes all the time but you nothing back?
10. Who isn’t worth the investment of your time?
It occurred to me then that it was in times of struggle that I found the best parts of myself - courage, loyalty, an unexpected peace - and I always discovered what I needed to break through and go on.
Page 1 of 731